Reset the licensing status
There are three useful commands to reset the license status and re-activate a user’s installation of Office Professional Plus for Office 365. These are as follows:
- OSAUI.exe /K resets and reactivates a user’s Office account by contacting the Office 365 services that are using the previously entered credentials. The user will not be prompted to enter a user ID and password.
- OSAUI.exe /F resets and re-provisions a user’s Office account by installing the generic key (out-of-box licensing status) and prompting the user for a user ID and password. The Office 365 services retrieves a new product key.
- OSAUI.exe /R this prompts the user for credentials and displays the list of computers that are associated with the entered user ID and lets the user remove any of them from the account. This is the recommended method for viewing the list of computers licensed by a specific user ID. (Note that a single user, that is the user ID, may be used to license multiple computers up to the subscription’s pre-defined limits).
Note that if a user has problems with Office Subscription licensing, use OSAUI.exe /K. If a different user has activated Office Professional Plus for Office 365 on the computer previously, use OSAUI.exe /F.
OSAUI.exe is located in:
- 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office: %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\microsoft shared\OFFICE14
- 32-bit Windows, or 64-bit Office with 64-bit Windows: %CommonProgramFiles%\microsoft shared\OFFICE14
You can run these commands at a command prompt or from the Run dialog box.
For example, to reset and reactivate a user’s Office Subscription by using the previously entered credentials, follow these steps:
- Click Start. In the Search field, type cmd , and then press ENTER.
- Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\OSAUI.exe /K